We are super excited to introduce you to Tash, the owner and creative genius behind Instagram account @tastefullytash, which has over 16K followers to date!
If you’re ever after some healthy living inspo we highly recommend you to check out her account as it’s full to the brim with beautiful images of mouth-watering smoothies, nourish bowls, raw treats, stunning beaches and more.
Tash has recently completed her Consumer Food Science and Marketing Degree from the University of Otago and created her Instagram account as a way to combine her passion for nutrition, wellness and holistic living. Tash is a true health foodie as it helps her feel her best and has been amazed by how much energy she now has, especially since cutting back on sugar! She also has her own website where she generously shares the recipes for her healthy food creations and is a great place to scroll through if you ever need some healthy breakfast or snack ideas.
We were lucky enough to be able to ask Tash a few questions around her food philosophy, how to take a great foodie pic for Instagram and what her favourite Superfoods are…
1. Hi Tash, can you please tell us a little about yourself and why you started Tastefully Tash?
Hi! Sure, I’m a 22 year old health foodie born in Tauranga. I have been living in Sydney for the past 2 months but have just moved to LA! I started Tastefully Tash about a year ago as a way to incorporate my passion for health and wellness with my photography, art and recipe development interests. I have been excited and blown away by the opportunities that have come from Tastefully Tash and love the people and companies I have got to meet through it!
2. How would you describe your food philosophy?
I am passionate about wholefoods. My philosophy is all about balance and is focused on nutrients and fresh food. I am not vegan although a lot of my recipes are plant based as I believe in the health and environmental benefits of plant based food.
3. Your Instagram feed is beautiful... do you have any tips on how to take a great foodie pic for Instagram?
Thanks!! I think natural lighting is the key to a good food gram. Lots of natural, white light and pretty food is always a winning combo. Also, you can’t go wrong with a top down shot – stand above your food and take the picture directly down from a bird’s eye view.
4. What would you say is the best part about living a healthy lifestyle?
The energy it gives you! I think it’s hard not to feel amazing after a healthy big smoothie bowl and a morning run. I love getting the endorphins flowing, clearing my mind and nourishing my body so I can have the best day possible.
5. What do you normally have for breakfast?
Breakfast is easily my favourite meal of the day and I change it up a lot.
When I studied at Otago University I would have some form of porridge or bircher muesli (also cheap for student budgets) to warm me up. In Sydney I went through a big smoothie bowl craze. Currently, I am enjoying waking up to the California sunshine with a green juice and bowl of berries, yoghurt and cacao granola.
6. Do you have any favourite superfoods?
7. What are your top three tips for maintaining a healthy & balanced lifestyle?
- I think a healthy lifestyle is very psychological. A healthy mind makes a healthy life. I find having some form of clearing your mind (yoga, meditation, running etc) always helps me with my health goals.
- My second tip is to set up activities with friends that are healthy. Meeting up to go for a walk is so easy and can replace always meeting up for food!
- Finally adding in more things instead of depriving yourself – for example if you want to eat healthier try aiming to eat more vegetables instead of aiming to cut back on meal sizes. Therefore you’re giving your body nutrients and filling up on the vegetables!
8. You’ve also recently moved to LA, that’s exciting!... do you have a favourite healthy café you would highly recommend?
Yes!! LA seems to be healthy lifestyle capital of the world. It’s Acai bowl and superfood heaven. I have just been to a café called Kreation in Santa Monica, which is unbelievable so if you’re ever in this corner of the world I highly recommend going!
9. Is there a healthy recipe you would be willing to share with us?
Absolutely, here is my super easy recipe for Coco-Cacao Bark. Enjoy!