If you're a fan of Mexican food you are going to loooooove these. Our OrganicPurple Corn Flour makes the most amazing soft tacos that are super good for you too (you can read all about that here). They are also completely free from gluten, dairy and soy and have a wonderful soft and bendy texture thanks to the addition of our Organic Instant Chia Powder.
These soft tacos could also be used in other Mexican dishes such as burritos, fajitas or quesadillas. Or cook them a little longer and cut into triangles to make delicious corn chips for nachos or as a side to guacamole or salsa.
PURPLE CORN FISH TACOS w MANGO SALSA
PURPLE CORN SOFT TACOS (makes 4)
1 ripe avocado
2 cheeks fresh or canned mango
1/4 red onion
2 teaspoons organic coconut cider vinegar
PURPLE CORN SOFT TACOS/TORTILLAS
- In a small bowl combine the purple corn flour and boiling water and mix to combine.
- Next, add in tapioca flour, instant chia powder, salt and mix well. Bring the dough together with your hands (if its too dry add some more water or too wet add some more purple corn flour).
- Lightly dust a clean surface with purple corn flour and turn out the dough. Kneed for 2-3 mins, then divide evenly into 4 balls and flatten them with the palm of your hand until 2-3mm thick.
- Heat cooking oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Once heated cook each tortilla for approx 2 mins each side or until lightly coloured.
- Chop the avocado and mango cheeks into 1/2 cm sized cubes and place in a small bowl.
- Add finely chopped red onion, coconut cider vinegar and mix well. Set aside.
- Place frying pan over a medium heat and add cooking oil.
- Cut each fish fillet into 2 pieces and dust with turmeric and salt.
- Cook each fillet for 3-4 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
Take each purple corn taco and fill with the fish and mango salsa. Garnish with fresh coriander and lemon juice if you wish. Dig in!