We had some great entries into our Acai ‘Art in a bowl’ competition but unfortunately there could only be one winner. CONGRATULATIONS to Jess Pendergrast for her beautiful Acai bowl creation pictured above. We loved Jess’s use of a glass and felt her creation really fitted the brief of creating ‘Art in a bowl’. Doesn’t it look yummy!
Thanks to everyone that entered the competition. We were really impressed with the creativity and effort that went into the Acai bowls and we hope you enjoyed eating them! Here’s her Recipe...
ACAI ANTIOXIDANT HEAVEN IN A GLASS!
2 tablespoons of Matakana SuperFoods Acai Bowl Premix
1 cup mixed berries
½ cup almond milk
2 Tablespoons of caramelised buckinis
¼ cup of coconut threads
2 feijoas, sliced
½ banana, sliced
1 green apple, sliced
3 quavas, sliced
Handful of fresh berries
Coconut threads and cacao nibs for decorating
- Add the Acai Bowl Premix powder, banana, berries and almond milk into a blender. Blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Place the caramelised buckinis into the bottom of the cup and then spoon some acai mixture on top.
- Sprinkle some of the coconut threads over the acai mixture until you have an obvious coconut layer and then spoon some more acai mixture on top.
- Now it’s time to get creative and it’s up to you what toppings you want to add. I placed the feijoas on the outside of the glass, then layered the bananas inside, then the apple and guavas and then placed a handful of fresh berries in the middle.
- Sprinkle with coconut threads and cacao nibs. Serve immediately.