Here is my wonderfully rich and decadent brownie recipe. It has the most delightful texture with soft tart raspberries and crunchy, buttery cacao.
It is a fabulous afternoon tea pick me up or served warm for dessert with a dollop of your favourite cream or yogurt.
CACAO & RASPBERRY BROWNIE
Makes 16 small squares
5 Tablespoons cacao powder + 1 Tablespoon reserved for garnish
1 cup almond meal
5 Tablespoons maple syrup or coconut sugar
4 Tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
4 free range eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup frozen organic raspberries
1/2 cup cacao nibs
- Line a small slice tin (aprrox. 25cm square) with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl add first quantity of cacao powder, almond meal, maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs and baking soda. With a hand held blender mix to combine ingredients well.
- Add raspberries and cacao nibs and fold to combine. Pour mixture into prepared tin and place into the oven. Cook for 20 minutes until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes in the tin before transferring to a rack.
- Slice when completely cooled. Dust with cacao powder and enjoy.