These light, crispy Sesame Matcha Cookies are gluten free, thanks to Matakana Superfoods' Cassava Flour. Decorate with sesame seeds, melted chocolate and freeze dried berries.
prep 15 mins
cook 10-15 mins
yield 24 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups Matakana Superfoods Cassava Flour
- 1 Tbsp Matakana Superfoods Matcha Tea Powder
- 1/8 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 1/2 cup Matakana Superfoods Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Agave Syrup
- 1/2 cup Matakana Superfoods Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Optional: Sesame Seeds, White Chocolate and freeze dried Berries for decoration
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk the cassava flour, matcha powder and ginger together so they are well incorporated. Set aside.
- Using a standing mixer on medium speed, combine tahini, coconut oil, agave, coconut sugar and salt until smooth. Reduce mixer speed to low and add the cassava flour mixture, mixing until a homogenous dough forms.
- Place the dough on a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a log. Twist each end of the plastic wrap tightly to ensure that the dough is airtight. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes, just long enough for it to get a little firmer, but not enough for it to become solid.
- Once the dough has chilled, remove from the fridge and slice into 24 cookies. Roll cookies in sesame seeds or place them, plain, on a prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the edges begin to brown slightly. Let cool completely before dipping in white or dark chocolate and sprinkling with berries.