This super easy recipe requires minimal effort and produces the most delicious and healthy pancakes in a matter of minutes. It is a firm favourite of Matakana SuperFoods founders, Kevin and Christina who enjoy them every weekend for breakfast.
Chia seeds are an incredible Aztec superfood famous for their strength and endurance enhancing qualities. They are abundant in many essential nutrients such as protein, omega fatty acids and antioxidants (4 x more than blueberries). In fact over half of the fatty acids found in Chia are omega 3 making them one of the highest known plant sources.They are also very high in soluble fibre helping to keep you satisfied throughout the day.
Pair these high protein pancakes with your favourite toppings for a nourishing and sustaining breakfast option.
CHIA SEED PANCAKES
INGREDIENTS: PER PERSON
- In a bowl mash the banana then whisk in the egg.
- Add chia seeds and coconut flour and mix well to combine. Leave to thicken for 10-20 minutes.
- Melt some coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- To make the pancakes spoon mixture into the preheated frying pan. (approx. 2 Tbsp of mixture per pancake)
- Cook the pancakes for around 3-4 minutes before flipping to cook the other side.
- Enjoy with your favourite toppings!