This Chicken Mango Salad with homemade Lemon Aioli is a simple and light lunch ordinner option. If you haven't tried the popular chicken and mango combo before we highly recommend you do as it tastes soooo good!
The Lemon Aioli also tastes divine thanks to the addition of our Organic Chia Seed Extra Virgin Oil which has a lovely, mild flavour. It is also a great source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids which help keep your skin, hair and nails healthy. If you've got a spare few minutes during the day this aioli recipe is a delicious and easy way to incorporate more omega-3's into you and your family's diet. You will also be saving yourself from the highly processed vegetable oils used in regular store brought aioli which can throw your omega-3 to omega-6 ratio out of balance. It is a very versatile dressing and great with homemade kumara chips or drizzled over fresh pan-fried fish.
CHICKEN MANGO SALAD W/LEMON AIOLI
CHICKEN MANGO SALAD
½ cup slivered almonds
2 chicken breasts
coconut oil for frying
½ can mango slices
mixed lettuce leaves
- Place the egg yolks and garlic into a small bowl of an electric mixer and mix to combine.
- Next combine both oils in a spouted jug and with the mixer on slow, carefully and very slowly pour in the oil. (note: its very important to add the oil slowly as the aioli will split if done too fast)
- Once all the oil has been added mix in the lemon juice, coconut nectar and add water until your desired consistency is reached. Season with salt.
CHICKEN MANGO SALAD
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees fan bake.
- In a small frying pan dry toast the slivered almonds until fragrant then set aside.
- Next heat coconut oil in the frying pan. Season chicken breasts and sear both sides until golden brown. Transfer to an ovenproof dish and place in the oven to finish cooking for around 10-15 mins depending on thickness.
- While the chicken is cooking place the lettuce on a plate and top with sliced mango, cucumber and avocado.
- When the chicken is done let it rest for 5 mins before slicing.
- Top the salad with cooked chicken, toasted almonds and drizzle with your lemon aioli.