Peppermint and Chocolate is a popular flavour combination for a very good reason...Its SOOOOOOOO GOOD!
We think these cups are the perfect healthier alternative to the classic After-Dinner mint treat as they are naturally sweetened with coconut nectar. They are also free from harmful vegetable oils, artificial flavours, colours and preservatives. Delicious with a cup of tea or coffee or when you just need that small, sweet something after dinner.
DARK CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT CUPS
- Prepare 12 x mini silicon muffin cases by arranging them on a tray that will fit in your fridge.
- For the chocolate place the coconut oil and cacao butter into a bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water (alternatively use a double boiler) and stir until melted.
- Take off the heat and mix in cacao powder and nectar. Pour into a spouted jug and carefully 1/2 fill the mini silicon cases.
- Put in the fridge to set (approx. 15 minutes). Leave the remaining chocolate mixture at room temperature.
- In the meantime place the ingredients for the peppermint filling in another bowl and place over the saucepan of simmering water. Melt gently, stirring until combined then take off the heat. The mixture should be slightly thick at this stage.
- Take the set chocolates out of the fridge and place 1/2 tsp amounts of peppermint filling into the centre of each cup.
- Return to the fridge to set. (approx. 15 minutes)
- Once set pour the remaining chocolate over the top of each cup and return to the fridge to set completely (approx. 1/2 an hour).
- Remove silicon cases and they are ready to eat!