Spice up your day with these Ginger and Cinnamon Bliss Balls, with a homemade cacao layer to give a rich chocolate flavour. Combining two Matakana SuperFoods families – Coconut and Cacao – these balls give a delicious spice hit in every bite.
GINGER & CINNAMON BLISS BALLS
Makes 12-15 Balls
1 cup pitted dates (regular or medjool)
1 ½ cups of almonds
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 Tablespoon of coconut nectar
1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger (optional)
- First soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes and drain. Process almonds, oats, coconut, cinnamon and ginger (powder and fresh) in a food processor until a breadcrumb like consistency is reached.
- Add dates and coconut nectar and blend until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into balls and place on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Place coconut oil, cacao butter, cacao powder and coconut nectar over a low heat and mix until melted and well combined. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 mins.
- Remove balls from freezer and individually dip balls in the chocolate mixture until coated.
- Return to freezer for 20 minutes and then place in refrigerator until ready to eat.