This guilt free fudge brownie recipe is clean, gluten and dairy free and tastes sooooo amazing. You wouldn't believe it but yep it's good for ya.
GUILT FREE CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIE
1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed )
1 can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
2 large eggs
3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (melted)
¾ dates (soaked 30 mins)
¾ cup Matakana SuperFoods Cacao Powder
1 vanilla bean pod (scraped vanilla from inside)
½ cup of Matakana SuperFoods Coconut Sugar
1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees on bake and grease and line a slice tin.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and puree - about 3 minutes - scraping down sides as needed. You want it pretty smooth.
- If the batter appears too thick, add a Tbsp or two of water/almond milk and pulse again. It should be slightly less thick than chocolate frosting but nowhere close to runny.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the prepared slice tin.
- Bake for 35 - 45 minutes or until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 15 minutes before removing from the dish. Place on a rack to completely cool. The inside is meant to be very fudgy, so don't be concerned if they seem too moist, once it has fully set it will thicken up to be real fudgy.
If you want to add an extra element it tastes amazing with Paleo Chocolate Icing and a sprinkle of cacao nibs, berries or shredded coconut.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Or if you want to save some you can always freeze a few pieces for when you next need your chocolate hit.