This yummy muffin recipe is a great lunch box filler or work morning tea option. Featuring some key superfood ingredients such as chia seeds, purple corn flour, cacao powder and pure coconut sugar makes these muffins a healthier option than your typical muffin indulgence. Not only are these muffins filled with chocolatey goodness from the cacao powder but they also pack an antioxidant punch thanks to the addition of our Organic Purple Corn Flour which has an antioxidant score even better than blueberries!
PURPLE CORN, CACAO AND RASPBERRY MUFFINS
Makes 6 large muffins or 12 smaller ones.
2 tablespoons chia seeds
6 tablespoons water
2 cups purple corn flour
1 cup cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder (GF)
1 cup pure coconut sugar
90ml mild olive oil
250ml milk of choice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
2 cups frozen red raspberries
150g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a muffin-tray with paper cases.
- Soak chia seeds in water.
- Blend purple corn flour, cacao powder, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and pour in sugar, oil, milk and vanilla extract, beat until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in soaked chia seeds.
- Gently fold in the raspberries and 100g of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Fill only 2/3 of the tin as it rises quite a bit.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips evenly over the top of the muffins and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.