Christmas is just around the corner! To celebrate – we’ve created some beautiful Christmas Hampers to inject a bit of superfood goodness into your holiday season. These delicious, Purple & Vegan Gingerbread Cookies are made from antioxidant-packed purple corn flour as well as some other fantastic ingredients which you can find on our website. Check them out below.
2 cups organic Purple Corn Flour
½ tsp baking soda
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 cup organic Pure Coconut Sugar
150g organic Coconut Butter
dash of milk (remove for vegan)
1 egg beaten or 1 avocado (vegan)
1.5 tbsp organic Vanilla Bean Powder
Organic Cacao Nibs
- Preheat oven to 180°C bake. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Put flour, ginger, sugar, baking soda and vanilla in a food processor or bowl. Rub in butter with fingertips or pulse in a food processor until it is crumbly like breadcrumbs.
- Add your egg / avocado and pulse in a food processor to mix until it forms a ball.
- Remove dough ball - to make it workable add some more flour if it is still sticky. Glad wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface or between two sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick.
- Cut out shapes using biscuit cutters and place on trays. Form leftover dough into a ball and re-roll and repeat cutting out until dough is used up.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Non-vegan: Make icing frothing egg white with a hand whisk until fluffy. Mix in the other ingredients and place icing in a re-sealable bag. Refrigerate until needed.
Vegan: Mix water with tapioca, coconut sugar and lemon and place icing in a re-sealable bag. Stir into a thick caramel paste.
Snip off the corner and pipe decorations onto each biscuit. Use icing to attach currants & Cacao Nibs.