QUINOA FRITTERS WITH TZATZIKI SAUCE
Makes 10-15 medium sized fritters
1/3 cup Quinoa Red & Black Mix
½ onion, diced
1 garlic clove
Handful of parsley
1 medium sized courgette, grated
¼ medium sized capsicum
Handful of spinach
2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Organic Turmeric
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
4 Tablespoons Greek or plain yogurt
Small handful parsley
½ Cup cucumber, diced
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook quinoa for 10-15 minutes.
- While the quinoa boils, dice onion, garlic and parsley, and place into a bowl with remaining spices. Add grated courgette, sliced spinach and capsicum, feta and coconut flour into the bowl and mix. Then add 5 eggs and mix with a fork until well combined.
- Heat pan and add a drizzle of olive oil, scooping 1-2 Tablespoons of mixture for each fritter into hot pan and slightly flatten. When each side turns golden brown, quickly flip over and cook the other side.
- Once each fritter is cooked, place aside or in a warm oven, and continue to fry the remaining mixture in the pan until finished.
1. Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix with a spoon. Serve with the quinoa fritters and enjoy.