Our nutty Sacha Inchi Protein Powder pairs perfectly with banana and dark chocolate to create a delicious nutrient dense slice, ideal as a lunch box filler or grab-and-go breakfast option.
For those who are unfamiliar with Sacha Inchi it is an amazing, high protein seed that grows sustainably in the Peruvian Amazon Rainforest, and provides income for indigenous Indian tribes. The powder is made from the partially defatted seed and is a great source of easily digestible plant protein and also contains beneficial omega-3 fatty acids. It is 100% natural and free from artificial flavours, colours, preservatives and chemical processing aids unlike many highly processed protein powders on the market. It is also very versatile and easy to use; simply add to your smoothies, pancake batters or baking for a natural protein boost.
SACHA-NANA PROTEIN SLICE
MAKES 15 SLICES
2 tablespoons sacha inchi protein powder
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
2 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 1/2 tablespoons cacao butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 165°C. Line a brownie baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix all chocolate base ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour crust mixture into the prepared baking pan and press down with your fingers. Bake base for 8 minutes. Remove and let cool while you make the oat layer.
- In another bowl, combine banana layer ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spoon banana layer mixture on top of the base and spread evenly. Top with chocolate chips. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove and cool for at least one hour before slicing into 15 squares and serve.