Summer is teasing us here in New Zealand - meaning it’s still cold enough to chow down on this tasty creation! Try this delicious “Healing Carrot Soup with Turmeric and Ginger” by Hello Glow. Curcumin is the unique bioactive ingredient found in turmeric which has been shown to be anti-inflammatory and a strong antioxidant. Try the recipe below.
prep 5 mins
cook 15 mins
total 20 mins
author hello glow
A warming soup loaded with healing nutrients for a comforting chilly evening.
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil3 cups low sodium vegetable broth, warm
1 teaspoon Matakana Superfoods Organic Turmeric Powder
1-inch ginger knob, peeled and grated
Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
Pinch cayenne pepper
Fresh parsley, Greek yoghurt, black sesame, coconut flakes, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the carrots, parsnip, onion and garlic, then season with turmeric and cayenne, drizzle with coconut oil and toss to coat evenly.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and transfer into a blender with the vegetable broth, lemon juice and ginger.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the soup into serving bowls, garnish with fresh parsley, sesame and coconut flakes, drizzle with Greek yoghurt and serve warm.