Matakana SuperFoods’ certified organic tara germ powder is obtained from the seeds of Caesalpinia spinosa (Fam. Leguminosae) grown and sustainably harvested in the Andean highlands of Peru. The Tara seed germ is gently heat extruded, grinded and sifted to obtain a water-soluble powder with improved digestibility and enhanced nutritional value.
Its main benefits are:
- Our tara germ instant powder has improved taste, solubility, digestibility, and microbiological safety than regular tara germ powder.
- Improved taste – Our tara germ is not as bitter as regular tara germ powder.
- Improved solubility – It dissolves faster and better in liquids than regular tara germ powder.
- Improved digestibility – It is gelatinized via a homogeneous cooking process that breaks down the starch, improving its digestibility and enhancing its nutritional value versus regular tara germ powder.
- Improved microbiological safety - It has a kill step with the controlled heat extrusion that ensures food safety peace-of-mind versus regular tara germ powder.
- High source of plant-based protein with 42% to 49%, easily digestible and with all nine essential amino acids in ideal balance.
- Contains 13% fat being mainly unsaturated fats (84%) and very little saturated fats (16%).
- Its unsaturated fat is mainly linoleic acid (Omega-6) with 65% and oleic acid (Omega-9) with 17%.
- Good source of dietary fibre with 18%.
- Organic, kosher, non-GMO, gluten free, grain free and vegan.
Ideal for Ketogenic and Paleo diets.
- It is ideal to enrich with protein any food and beverage. It has a mild delicious taste that can be added to juices, smoothies, yoghurts and soups, sprinkled over cereals and fruits and used in desserts and baked goods.
- As a base of protein supplements, dietary supplements among others.
- In bakery making pasta among others.
- In preparation of vegetable meat and protein drinks.
- As a raw material for the preparation of isolated protein.
100% Organic tara germ powder. No preservatives or other additives. GM free.