Enjoy this delicious Raspberry Cacao Pudding which uses our organic Cacao Powder and our organic Red Raspberry Powder.
Cacao has the ability to improve feelings of wellbeing due to its positive effects on a number of key neurotransmitters known for their anti-depressant abilities - read more here under the Health Benefits tab.
The red raspberries will give you a dose of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals! They also contain a unique nutrient called rheosmin (raspberry ketones), which has been identified as having beneficial effects on weight management. Read more here under Health Benefits.
2 cups of milk of choice OR canned coconut milk
1/8th tsp salt
¼ cup Matakana SuperFoods organic Cacao Powder
2 tsp Matakana SuperFoods organic Red Raspberry Powder
Matakana SuperFoods Stevia with Monk Fruit to taste
½ cup milk of choice with 3 tsp cornstarch
Optional: one crushed SuperFoods Chocolate Bar
¾ tsp vanilla essence or Matakana SuperFoods Vanilla Extract
Optional: ¼ cup organic Cacao Nibs for a topping / dried & chopped raspberries
- Heat the 2 cups of milk of choice in a saucepan along with the salt, cacao, raspberry and sweetener
- Whisk the cornstarch and 1/2 cup milk in a small bowl until dissolved
- When the 2 cups milk are warm, add the cornstarch, mixture and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, stir constantly for two minutes
- Lower the heat to a simmer and for an additional minute, then turn off the heat
- Once the heat is off, stir the vanilla and broken-up chocolate pieces until the chocolate melts
- Transfer the pudding to the refrigerator to thicken
- It gets thicker the longer it sits and will be ready to consume after a few hours or overnight.