This black forest protein muffin recipe really packs a punch full of superfoods! We’ve added maca, cacao, quinoa & sacha inchi powder for a high protein, nutrient-rich experience with a chocolate taste. Hopefully you’ll be feeling ready to take on the world after trying these!
Gelatinised for enhanced nutrient absorption, our organic Maca Root Powder is a uniquely revitalising, energising and hormone-supporting superfood. Our organic Sacha Inchi Powder is a completely natural, chemical-free, easy to digest source of plant protein - with absolutely NO artificial flavours, colours or preservatives. Our organic Optimised Instant Quinoa Powder is a nutrient-rich, ready to consume protein source with a delicious mild nutty taste. Quinoa has been used in South America for thousands of years as a highly nutritious food.
Our organic Cacao Powder is rich in magnesium - adequate consumption ensures clarity of mind and helps to reduce feelings of stress and fatigue. Cacao products also have the ability to improve feelings of wellbeing due to their positive effect on a number of key neurotransmitters known for their anti-depressant abilities such as serotonin, dopamine, phenylethylamine and anandamide. These chemicals have been shown to be highest in happy people and are responsible for lifting our mood and are often referred to as our ‘bliss’ chemicals.
A mouth-watering treat that might just help to reduce your fatigue and promote feelings of well-being? Yes, please. Let’s get started.
BLACK FOREST PROTEIN MUFFINS
1.5 cups of wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ cup Sacha Inchi Powder
¼ cup Instant Quinoa Powder
½ cup organic Cacao Powder
1 cup of organic Coconut Sugar
3 tbsp organic Maca Root Powder
100g organic Cacao Butter
1 x chopped up Superfood Chocolate Bar
½ cup frozen mixed berries
2 eggs (substitute with 1 avocado for a vegan option)
1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
Organic Cacao Nibs
Chopped frozen berries
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl ensuring all lumps are smoothed out
- Melt the butter and sugar in a pan until smooth
- Create a hole in the middle of the mixture and add two eggs - mix in the butter-sugar mixture
- Stir the mixture with a fork, add almond milk incrementally until mixture is a smooth consistency
- Add the chopped dark chocolate
- Mix in the frozen berries
- Butter a 12 Muffin tin with your cacao butter
- Distribute mixture evenly and bake on 180 degress for 15 minutes
- Set muffins aside to cool
- Blend 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries with a 1/4 cup water
- Heat the lucuma, cacao powder and 1/4 cup water over a stove top
- Add frozen berry mixture to lucuma mixture in the pan to create a thick paste
- Dip each muffin in the mixture for a tasty topping
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs and chopped frozen berries - let the topping set
- Enjoy this decadent yet nutritious treat!