Get a wonderful dose of Vitamin C, antioxidants, anti-inflammatories and an immune system boost with this delicious Camu Camu Curry. Camu Camu is a tart little fruit grown in the river deltas of Peru and Brazil. This South American gem is the highest naturally occurring source of Vitamin C known to man… 60x more than that of oranges! This fresh and zingy Camu Camu Curry is sure to improve your health this winter.
Learn more about this fantastic superfood in our new blog, Nature’s Highest Levels of Vitamin C – Camu Camu > READ NOW
1 x red onion diced
1 x head of cauliflower chopped
500g of thawed frozen, cooked and peeled prawns (remove for a vege option)
4 x carrots chopped
1 x cup broccoli chopped
1 x tbsp. MSF organic Turmeric Powder
1 x tbsp. MSF organic Coconut Sugar
2 x tbsp. MSF organic Coconut Hot Chili Sauce
½ cup coconut milk
2 cups basmati or brown rice
3 cups boiling water
Salt and pepper to taste
Lime and basil to season
- Bring 3 cups of water to boil in a large pot and cook rice on a stove top for 20 minutes or until fluffy. Drain and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil on a stove top on a medium heat then brown the red onion.
- Reduce heat and add hot chili sauce, camu camu powder and turmeric. Simmer for 3 mins until aromatic.
- Add vegetables, prawns and coconut milk then simmer on a med-low heat for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Add coconut sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Aim for a zingy yet balanced sweet and sour dish.
- Serve curry on a bed of rice, season with lime and basil.