Camu Camu is nature's highest occurring form of vitamin C! It’s a perfect addition to your diet over the winter months to keep your immune system strong. With its zingy flavour - it works well in baking. Try this delicious Camu Camu Carrot Cake - and get creative with your toppings!
CAMU CARROT CAKE
2.5 cups plain flour
4 tbsp Camu Camu Powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar or Pure Coconut Sugar
370ml vegetable oil or our Organic Sacha Inchi Extra Virgin oil
135g canned crushed pineapple (drain well)
½ cup walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 160degrees C
- Mix dry ingredients together – slowly add other ingredients in the order given above
- Pour into a greased 26cm ring tin
- Bake for approx. 1.25 hours till the skewer comes out clean
- Blend all icing ingredients together with blender
- After cake has cooked down, ice it!
- Decorate with berries, nuts and or slices of carrot!