CACAO AND BEETROOT COCONUT SLICE
2/3 cup organic extra-virgin coconut oil
¾ cup coconut milk
¾ cup brown rice malt syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
500g desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons organic cacao powder
1 teaspoon organic beetroot powder
- Grease and line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Melt coconut oil in a large saucepan over a low heat, remove from heat and mix in coconut milk, rice syrup and vanilla.
- Add in desiccated coconut, salt and mix to combine.
- Separate mixture evenly into 3 separate bowls.
- In one bowl add the cacao powder and in another add the beetroot powder and mix well to combine. You should now have three different coloured coconut mixtures.
- With the cacao mixture press down into the prepared slice tin, follow with the plain mixture then top with the beetroot mixture.
- Place into the fridge to set (approx. 2 hours).
- Once set slice and serve. Can be kept in the fridge for up to 1 week.