This rich, decadent Cacao Brownie will be sure to get your mouth watering! The base is made from sweet potato – a great source of vitamins and minerals.
This brownie is chunky, moist and delicious with a dark chocolate, rum-like taste.
Delightful on its own or serve with vanilla ice cream or coconut ice cream (a great dairy-free option).
SUPER-DARK FUDGY BROWNIE
2 tsp Coconut Nectar
4 tbsp Cacao Powder
1 tbsp milk (we used rice milk – you can use soy, coconut or dairy)
1/4 tsp organic vanilla powder or 2 tsp vanilla extract
A dash of salt
A dash of cinnamon
5 dark chocolate pieces (optional)
4 tbsp Cacao Nibs for sprinkling
1. Chop 1.5 cup dates into small pieces
2. Boil 2 medium sweet potatoes. Once ready remove skin peels and mash
3. Add mash to dates – add cacao powder, cacao nibs and 1 egg (remove the egg for vegan option)
4. Mix together to form a thick mixture - then add your salt and baking powder
5. Line a baking dish with baking paper, pour in the chunky mixture and fill half the tray so that your mixture is 2cm + high
6. Cook for 20mins at 180 degrees
1. Mix coconut nectar and cacao powder
2. Mix in vanilla powder or vanilla essence
3. Add a dash of cinnamon and a dash of salt
4. Double the mixture or if you are feeling decadent – add 5 pieces of dark chocolate
5. Once cooled, pour frosting on top of base – leave it quite chunky & smooth over with a spoon or spatula
6. Sprinkle with cacao nibs
- Decorate with flowers & nuts! Here we have used walnuts, Crassula Ovata (Succulent) and Philadelphus. Remove flowers before consumption – unless using edible flowers.
- A beautiful display for guests as a dessert after dinner. Serve with ice cream or cream.
- For a vegan version of this recipe – remove the egg from the base.