These Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecakes are super creamy and delicious they won't last long in your household. The combination of cacao and peanut butter is a match made in heaven and with no gluten, dairy, soy or refined sugar these mini cakes are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Who knew plant-based desserts could taste soooooo good!
VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER CUP CHEESECAKES
Makes 6 mini cakes
You will need a 6 hole silicon muffin tray
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
3 tablespoons natural peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
½ cup almonds
¼ cup desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon cacao powder
1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
10 dates (soaked in boiling water for 5 mins)
¼ cup cashews (soaked in cold water overnight in the fridge, then drained)
3/4 cup coconut cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons cacao powder
1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
1 tablespoon cacao butter (melted)
3 tablespoons coconut nectar or maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
50g dark chocolate (70%)
2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- In a small saucepan over a medium heat combine the ingredients for the peanut butter filling.
- When well combined place in a bowl, then in the freezer to firm up.
- Place all the ingredients for the bases into a food processor and blend until the mixture comes together nicely. (A few drops of water may be needed)
- Press mixture into the bottoms of a 6 hole silicon muffin tray, place on a flat tray/plate then in the fridge to firm up.
(At this point you can take the peanut butter filling out of the freezer)
- Place all the ingredients for the chocolate filling into a clean food processor and blend until silky smooth.
ASSEMBLE & DECORATE
- Remove the muffin tray from the fridge and place a round of peanut butter in the center of each base. (NOTE: The peanut butter filling should be firm enough to mould into 6 firm balls. If the mixture is too hard place in the microwave to soften slightly or if it is too soft place back into the freezer for a few minutes.)
- Next, carefully pour the chocolate filling over the top until the peanut butter is totally covered and place the muffin tray into the freezer to set (approx. 3 hours or overnight.)
- Remove cakes from the freezer and pop them out of their cases.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over the tops and sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
The cakes are best eaten slightly thawed.